Deadline: 23 February 2016
The European Commission is seeking proposals for a program entitled: Civil Society Organisations’ contribution to governance and inclusive development in South Africa in order to strengthen the capacity of CSOs and networks offering young people opportunities to actively participate in governance, social development, sustainable and inclusive growth.
- Strengthening the enabling environment for youth organizations and youth development in South Africa
- Increasing Youth participation in governance, accountability and public policy processes cycles
- Promoting young people’s participation and contribution towards a more inclusive and sustainable growth
- Enhance efforts to promote a conducive environment for CSOs in partner countries.
- Promote meaningful and structured participation in programming and policy processes to build stronger governance and accountability at all levels.
- Increase local CSOs’ capacity to perform their roles as independent development actors more effectively.
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 300 000 to EUR 700.000
Actions must take place in South Africa
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 36 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be specific types of organisations such as: non-governmental organisations, organisations representing indigenous peoples, community – based organisations, advocacy organisations, organisations representing national and/or ethnic minorities, diaspora organisations, migrants’ organisations in partner countries, local traders’ associations and citizens’ groups, cooperatives, employers’ associations and trade unions (social partners), organisations representing economic and social interests, organisations fighting corruption and fraud and promoting good governance, civil rights organisations and organisations combating discrimination, local organisations (including networks) involved in decentralised regional cooperation and integration, consumer organisations, women’s and youth organisations environmental, teaching, cultural, research and scientific organisations, universities, education institutions, churches and religious associations and communities, the media and any non-governmental associations and independent foundations, including independent political foundations. International Organisation14, public sector operator and local authority cannot be the applicant but can be co-applicant, and
- be established in15 South Africa or in a Member State of the European Union or other eligible countries as per the relevant provisions of the DCI regulation16 . This obligation does not apply to international organisations and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the coapplicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
- be able to demonstrate to have regularly carried out activities in the field covered by this Call for Proposal.
- The applicant may act individually or with co-applicants.
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- Co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant.
- The applicant and its co-applicant may act with affiliated entities that include:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies)
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept Notes
- Full Application
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit European Commission and download the guidelines.