Deadline: 15 May 2015
Submit your Applications for Global Cleantech Innovation Programme supporting start-ups in South Africa!
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Global Cleantech Innovation Programme is a global initiative of GEF (Global Environment Facility), UNIDO (the United Nations Industrial Development Organization) and TIA (the Technology Innovation Agency) in South Africa with the goal of promoting clean technology innovation and supporting SMEs and start-ups in developing & emerging economies. The initiative aims to spur local innovations in energy efficiency, renewable energy, waste beneficiation and water efficiency, maximizing every participant’s chances achieving sustainable commercial success.
The programme combines a competition and a business accelerator to offer participants progressing through the programme extensive mentoring, training, access to investors and opportunities to showcase their innovations to the media and the public. Participants stand a chance to win a cash award and national business support awards, in addition to a trip to Silicon Valley, CA, to participate in the Cleantech Open Global Forum.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Energy efficiency
- Renewable energy
- Waste beneficiation
- Water efficiency
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Extensive mentoring & training on core business related competence for start-ups and SMEs as well as specific technological, IP, Financial & marketing skills.
- The possibility to liaise with potential investors and partners.
- Opportunities to showcase their technological innovations to the media and the public.
- A chance to win a monetary prize in addition to a fully sponsored trip to the USA to participate in the Cleantech Open Global Forum.
- Applicants can be Innovative start-ups and small medium sized enterprises focused on commercialization of cutting edge and innovation clean technology solutions.
- A start-up must be less than 3 years in existence but not yet profitable and an established SME as defined by the small business Act.
- Applicants’s start-up can involve a two person team at minimum and at least one team member must be a South African citizen, resident or legal alien.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- Technology innovation should support mitigation of green house gas IGHGI emissions through: energy efficiency, water efficiency, renewable energy, waste beneficiation.
- Technology innovation should be new, ground breaking clean technology, incorporate absorption of existing clean technologies or use existing commercially available technologies for unique applications.
- Technology innovation has protectable intellectual property (IP)
- Technology innovation should support improvement in profitability or competitiveness.
- Technology development must be at proof of concept stage up to pre-commercialization.
- Submitted application must demonstrate a feasible concept and product.
- Potential for commercialization has been identified.
How to Apply?
Applications must be submitted through online system.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, Please visit Clean Technology.