Deadline: 25 May 2015
The European Union in delegation with Republic of Turkey is currently accepting proposals from non-governmental/civil society organisations for Civil Society Dialogue between EU-Turkey Environment Grant Scheme.
The global objective of this Call for Proposals is to achieve a high level of mutual understanding between all sectors of civil society in Turkey and in the EU Member States, including the implications of Turkey’s EU membership. The specific objective of this Call for Proposals is establishment of strong links and a high level cooperation between civil society in Turkey and the EU Member States through civil society dialogue in the area of environment where civil society dialogue is particularly valuable for Turkey’s successful accession to the EU.
The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for Proposals is EUR 1.778.000.
The proposed project (Action) should fall in one or both of the below mentioned priority areas in the field of environment:
- Nature Conservation
- Climate action
Size of grants
Grant awarded under this Call for Proposals must fall between EUR 50.000 and EUR 150.000.
The initial planned duration of an Action may not be lower than 10 months or exceed 15 months.
Sectors or Themes
Actions must take place in one or more of the following countries: Turkey, EU Member States.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the Applicant must:
- be a legal person, and
- be non-profit making, and
- be non-governmental organisations (NGOs) (Associations; foundations; federations and confederations of associations or foundations in Turkey ; not-for-profit organisations in the EU Member States ), and
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Turkey, and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the Action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- The Applicant must act with co-applicant(s) must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the Applicant himself.
- Applicant from Turkey must have at least one eligible co-applicant from the EU Member States and Applicant from EU Member States must have at least one eligible co-applicant from Turkey.
- Federations and confederations of associations or foundations established by the Association Law No: 5253 are eligible as an Applicant or co-applicants.
- In addition the following are however also eligible as co-applicant:
- Universities ,
- Municipalities and Unions of Municipalities,
- Chambers , federations, confederations, unions and bars.
- The Applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies). Entities affiliated to a beneficiary can be:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by the beneficiary (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by the beneficiary (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the beneficiary (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the beneficiary;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the beneficiary (sister companies).
How to Apply?
- Applicants must submit all documents together (Concept Note and Full Application Form). In the first instance, only the Concept Notes will be evaluated. Thereafter, for the applicants who have been pre-selected, the full proposal will be evaluated.
- Applications must be submitted in one original and three copies in A4 size, each bound. The complete application form (Part A: concept note and Part B: full application form), budget and logical framework must also be supplied in electronic format (CD-ROM) in a separate and single file. The electronic file must contain exactly the same application as the paper version enclosed.
- The Checklist and the Declaration by the applicant must be stapled separately and enclosed in the envelope which must bear the reference number and the title of the Call for Proposals, together with the full name and address of the applicant, and the words ‘Not to be opened before the opening session’
- Applications must be send via email or hand delivery.
Note: Applications sent by any other means (e.g. by fax or by e-mail) or delivered to other addresses will be rejected.
For more information, please visit EU-Turkey Environment and download the guidelines.