Established in 1963, the SNV Netherlands Development Organization is a foundation working for the development and empowerment of poor people across the world. SNV has presence in 32 countries, mostly African countries. In Uganda, SNV started its developmental Programs in 1989.
SNV invites proposals from organizations for implementing community empowerment program in Uganda that will run in partnership with Ugandan partners, UNICEF and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands
- – Increased productivity and incomes at household level
- – Improved food security: availability and access to quality food
- – Increased access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene at community and household levels
- – Improved quality of education at primary level through effective participation of parents in school-gardens
About the Program
The Program is designed to support the objectives of the Uganda National Development Plan (NDP). The program will work closely with local government, communities, schools and other stakeholders. SNV will work in areas where district leaders, schools and communities are motivated for their own development.
– Good track record in West Nile, Northern, Rwenzori or Eastern region
– Has experience in water, sanitation and hygiene in schools and communities, with special emphasis on setting up and sustaining community ownership and management of water systems
– Experience in agriculture, nutrition and food security Programs and agriculture in schools, focussing on parents / wider school community involvement
– Is registered as a CBO (Community Based Organisation), NGO (Non-governmental Organisation) or FBO (Faith-Based Organisation).
Last date for submitting the application is July 29, 2011.
For more information and details, please visit this link.
George Owak says
I would like to know more about your selection procedures, would you please send me something helpful in this regard?
voice OF HOPE AND RESTORATION OUTREACH UGANDA
Gato Fred says
REQUEST FOR PARTNERSHIP.
We COBURWAS International Youth Organization to Transform Africa (CIYOTA)hereby request for partnership with your organization. For more details about us visit our website COBURWAS.org.
Looking forward to hearing from you.
Mr. Gato Ndabaramiye Fred
The Programs Director
Samuel Okiror says
I have also just heard that you were looking for competent NGOs or FBOs to implement your new programmes as advertized; we are also interested in doing work with you but the deadline is over!!!!! Can you still open the doors? I am an economist (MA econ) and could be a suitable person for you; I am attached to a new dynamic NGO; Peoples’ Initiatives Worldwide operating in Teso sub-region. If the door is closed can someone find the key and open it for these inquiries unless the key has been thrown away which I doubt. Thank you!
STEP UP-UGANDA says
Hi we just read this notice please ,are we too late for it,let us informed. thanks
Africa 2000 Network-Uganda says
This is Josephine Kapaata from the above organisation. just seen the call can I still aplly or is it too late?
Incase its too late please can send me some other available funding opportunities as we are an NGO dealing in agriculture and nutrition for the past 20 years in Uganda.
Nangoli James says
Dear, I have just read this call for proposal. is it too late for me to apply?
oyam rural development initiative says
we appreciate support for development to all stake holders in
oyam rural development initiative says
community empowerment in agriculture education support health sports welfare
kasamba muhammedi says
Save small and grow big savings and credit cooperative society is youth and women community based initiative of low income earnings.We do group savings and invest and share the profits.We operate in kampala and Eastern uganda and our aim is to eradicate extreme poverty among ourselves.We initiate businesses and Agri-businesses enterprises that benefits the members but we are limited by finance to implement some of the projects, therefore we request your office for hand of support.
Dhamba Ritah says
am working with a CBO (TEODICA)in Iganga and its activities are stated below:
1.vocational training for persons with disabilities in communties.
2.sensitization on economic rights awareness in communities.
3.supporting sustainable livelihood initiatives of PWDs. ie agriculture and diary goat rearing
4. capacity building trainings for PWDs in communities on sanitation and hygiene.
5. Net working and collabrations