Deadline: 5 February 2016
Millennium Challenge Account-Zambia (MCA-Zambia) is pleased to announce the second call for concept notes for its Innovation Grant program (IGP) which is a competitive pro-poor grant program to engage the private sector in innovative partnership opportunities in water supply, sanitation and drainage (Solid waste management).
MCA-Zambia has been established under the laws of Zambia as a company limited by guarantee, designated by the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) as the Accountable Entity to implement the Lusaka Water Supply, Sanitation and Drainage Project. This has been funded by the United States of America, acting through the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC).
- To improve water use, sanitation and hygiene
- To reduce blockage of sewer/drainage systems
- To expand opportunities for entrepreneurship and income generation activities related to WATSAN and drainage
- To ensure access for women and vulnerable groups to project benefits
- Improved water supply services
- Improved sanitation & hygiene
- Solid waste management
- Total Grant Portfolio: $6.25 million
- Small Grants: Minimum $30,000 to $100,000
- Large Grants: $100,001 to maximum grant size $1.5 million
- For-profit companies, non-government organizations, community-based organizations, faith-based organizations, universities, research institutions, and foundations
- Zambian or non-Zambian, provided that non-Zambian organizations comply with Zambian regulations for performing business or related activities in the country.
- Small organizations seeking grants are encouraged to affiliate with larger organizations that have the capacity to formulate a work plan and manage grant funding
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit either hardcopy or electronic version of their application forms at the address given website.
For more information, please visit Millennium Challenge Account-Zambia.