Deadline: 15 February 2016
The British High Commission Pretoria has announced a Prosperity Fund over the next 5 years to promote the economic reform and development needed for growth in partner countries. The Funding priorities will include improving the business climate, competitiveness and operation of markets, energy and financial sector reform, and increasing the ability of partner countries to tackle corruption.
The Fund will primarily be focused on ODA eligible middle income countries, contributing to poverty reduction and complementing DFID’s work in poorer countries.
- Power: Proposals to facilitate increased electricity generation and improved distribution are welcomed.
- Infrastructure: Proposals to unlock trade and growth potential currently constrained by poor transport and ICT infrastructure are welcomed.
- Cities: Proposals to support sustainable and efficient urban planning are welcomed.
- Skills: Project proposals should support the development of local skills and capacity in the areas of power, infrastructure and cities.
- Transparency: Proposals promoting transparency among business and the public sector are also invited.
Successful project bids will deliver high-impact, value-for-money activities for around £100k or more.
The Prosperity Fund accepts project proposals from civil society, governments, think-tanks, commercial organizations and other UK government departments.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply by downloading the Concept Bid Form given on the website.
For more information, please visit Southern Africa Fund.