Deadline: 31 January 2016
UNICEF in collaboration with Development Reality Institute (DRI) have come up with the unique youth and children focused project entitled “The Green Innovation Hub” calling them to submit social innovations that will address the need for environment sustainable and renewable energy need of the country.
The Green Innovations Hub (GiHUB) is an incubation space which seeks to ignite social change and unlock the potential of young people in contributing to sustainable development through novel ideas around smart energy. The purpose of the GiHUB is to facilitate the transformation of promising ideas into practical solutions that address real social challenges faced by local communities in which the young people are resident. The GiHUB offers a project financing facility, incubation and mentorship as well as connecting young innovators to industry giants.
The competition will have three classifications namely:
- Urban Catalyst ( 19-35 years)
- Rural Catalyst ( 19-35 years)
- Cool Skools ( grade-5 U6)
A total of USD $ 52 000 shall be extended as grants which are divided as follows:
- Urban Catalyst: $ 5,000 each to four winners
- Rural Catalyst: $ 5,000 each to four winners
- Cool Skools: $ 1,000 each to twelve winners
- The finalist will be linked to mentors who will assist them in working on their project for final submission.
- As part of the mentorship programme the finalist for the Urban and Rural Catalyst will attend a boot camp for five days.
- The completion is open to Zimbabwean youth resident in Zimbabwe.
- With regards to all children of a school going age they shall make their entries as an environmental club or such similar entities at their school.
- DRI and UNICEF employees’ family members are not eligible to enter the Competition.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Green Innovation Hub (GiHUB).