Deadline: 6 July 2016
The Africa Research Excellence Fund is seeking applications for its AREF Research Development Fellowship 2016 with an aim to enhance the research competitiveness of early-career African researchers who have research leadership potential and are working on important challenges for human health in Africa.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- to develop your own research ideas and researchable questions
- to develop your skills – advanced research methods or technologies – to advance those ideas
- to extend your network of research collaborators and mentors
- to lay the foundations for an application for a highly competitive grant or fellowship award. If you apply for an award, you will need to describe how you would make these four opportunities happen – and how the fellowship would advance your development
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The maximum award is 43,000 GB Pounds.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Be a national of a country in sub-Saharan Africa excluding South Africa.
- Be working in an active research role and have guarantee of employment with a legally established research organisation or a University in sub-Saharan Africa for the duration of your fellowship.
- Have a declaration from your current director on how they will support your development as a researcher, if you receive an award.
- Have a PhD qualification:
- Non-clinician: PhD qualification within the last four years – awarded a PhD or equivalent postgraduate degree from a recognised institution of higher education after 30 June 2012 and before 1 July 2016
- Clinician: Clinically-active applicants should have a relevant3 Master’s degree and up to three years active research experience. They will normally have plans to gain a PhD or equivalent (although not as part of the AREF Fellowship).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must download the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Research Development Fellowship.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.