Deadline: 4 December 2015
Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF) has announced funding grants through its Access for Athletes flagship program for equipment such as sports wheelchairs, hand cycles, mono skis and sports prosthetics, and resources for training and competition expenses directly to physically challenged individuals. Access for Athletes surmounts financial impediments to participation in sports, ensuring that challenged athletes are not left on the sidelines because they can’t afford expensive equipment or training costs.
CAF believes participating in sports not only increases challenged athletes physical fitness and activity levels, but also enhances their confidence and self-esteem.
Access for Athletes have three different categories:
- Coaching/training fees, like a gym membership and coaching fees
- Competition expenses, like entry fees, flights and lodging for an event
- Grant amounts vary according to athletic ability, financial need and the type of grant requested.
- Grant amounts average $1,800, and will not exceed $5,000.
- To be eligible for a grant through Access for Athletes, an athlete’s physical disability must be recognized within the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) classifications.
- Non-US Citizens interested in applying for grants should provide their country’s equivalent proof of income.
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply online from the website, given at the end.
Note: From the above three categories, applicants are able to apply only one for each year.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Access for Athletes.