Deadline: 12 May 2016
The United States Agency for International Development in Dominican Republic(USAID/DR) is seeking applications from local Non-U.S. organisations to fund an activity entitled “Climate Risk Reduction” that seeks to promote the implementation of locally appropriate, cost-effective and affordable on-the-ground interventions to mitigate Global Climate Change adaptation related problems related to flooding, sewage treatment, and water supply, as well as to share lessons which encourage other organizations and communities to replicate the most promising practices.
The purpose of this USAID/DR activity is to work with select municipalities and provide technical assistance to implement priority on-the-ground climate change adaptation interventions. This activity should support the objectives of the overall CLIMA project and fully integrate with ongoing plans and activities.
- Improved quality and reliability of water supply to vulnerable urban communities;
- Improved collection and treatment of sewage and
- Reduction in the negative impact to people, property and livelihoods of urban and coastal climate-related flooding and projected sea level rise.
Funding Information: Subject to funding availability, USAID intends to provide $1,800,000.00 in total USAID funding over a three (3) year period.
- Only local organizations are eligible for award.
- USAID welcomes applications from organizations which have not previously received financial assistance from USAID.
- Applications for renewal or supplementation of existing projects are eligible to compete with applications for new Federal awards.
- Applicants must have established financial management, monitoring and evaluation processes, internal control systems, and policies and procedures that comply with established U.S. Government standards, laws, and regulations
- The Recipient must be a responsible entity
How to Apply
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Climate Risk Reduction.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.