Deadline: 27 February 2015
The University of Warwick has announced a competition for PhD students in the Centre for the Study of Globalization and Regionalization (CSGR). This CSGR studentship is funded by The Department of Politics and International Studies (PAIS). It is aimed at candidates starting their PhD in PAIS in 2015. This studentship will focus on the theme International Political Economy of African Development.
The CSGR studentship will pay full academic fees and a maintenance grant in line with the UK Research Council standard stipend for three years.
Successful candidates may be asked in consultation with their supervisors to undertake up to 100 hours of assistance in a year within the PAIS department.
- The fellowships will be highly competitive and are open to Home/EU and Overseas students.
- Candidates must have a research proposal within the CSGR priority in the area of International Political Economy of African Development. This may include:
- Sustainable development
- New development partners
- Transnational health
- The candidate must have obtained at least an upper second class honors degree (or equivalent) from a recognized institution of higher education before 31 July 2015.
- The possession of MA in a relevant discipline would also be an advantage but is not necessary.
- Women would be given more preference.
How to Apply
The candidate must apply to the PhD program via the University application system before submission of scholarship application.
Eligible candidates should submit the following documents:
- A CSGR application form
- A 2000 word case for support, which has to be included within the application form.
- Two scholarship references.
- Academic transcripts.
- Current CV of the candidate.
All of the above documents should be submitted to the email address given on the website before the closing date.
For more information, please visit: CSGR.