Sida is currently accepting proposals for 5-year partnerships between Ethiopian and Swedish research institutions for its Research Training Programmes strengthening institutional research capacity in Ethiopia.
Grant as well as support also to a limited number of institutional cooperations with Swedish universities/research institutions in specified thematic areas according to the following are being discussed. Proposals shall cover the time period 1 July 2016 30 June 2021.
Based on AAU priorities, proposals can be developed in the following thematic areas:
- Economics and Management,
- Electrical Power and Control Engineering,
- International and Comparative Education
Guidelines for proposals
- Programme proposals for research training and research supporting components may be developed by relevant departments/centres/units at AAU, in collaboration with departments/centres/units in Swedish universities/research institutions.
- Programme proposals should include draft agreements/memorandum of understanding (MoU) between the universities included in the proposed partnerships. The Agreement/MoU should state how the Swedish university is willing to invest, both human and economic resources to make the partnership programmes function.
- Research training proposals shall clearly define:
- an outline of a scientifically sound research training programme;
- how a true partnership will be developed;
- how this will ensure high quality research training that will result in trained people in areas of national importance;
- how comparative advantages of the two countries can be interfaced (national development goals of Ethiopia and mission/competence of Swedish universities to make PhD res earch usable for Ethiopia ́s growth and development);
- how this can be achieved in a cost effective and sustainable way.
- In addition, programme proposals may include
- Research supporting components e.g. institution based competitive grants, institutional reform, quality assurance, access to and publication of scientific information, Research communication and dissemination, ICT, labs Or other components that strengthen the conditions for carrying out research and research training at AAU.
- From each of the Swedish universities, a letter of endorsement from the Rector is required.
- This should state that the Swedish university is willing to work with AAU to carry out partnership programmes based on the proposals submitted. In cases where the Swedish university/research institution is willing to invest both human and economic resources to make the partnership programmes function, this should be clearly indicated.
- Programme proposals must be jointly written by coordinators from both AAU and Swedish partner universities/research institutions.
- Coordinators must be employed by the respective AAU or Swedish universities.
All Proposals must be sent via email. Proposal must include-
- A title page
- popular science description
- research supporting program
- Publication list
- Partnership Agreement
For more information, please visit SIDA Call for Proposals.