MASHAV – Israel’s Agency for International Development Cooperation with The Weitz Center for Sustainable Development invites professionals to participate in the International Course on “Clean Technologies – Environmental technology, innovation and management systems as a means for regional and local economic development” to be conducted between May 30th – June 23rd, 2016.
The course will be held at The Weitz Center for Sustainable Development, situated within the campus of the Faculty of Agriculture, Rehovot, Israel.
The course aims to:
- Provide participants with knowledge, tools and strategies related to clean technologies
- Inspire and energize participants to be agents for positive change in their countries
- Expose participants to new approaches and opportunities in the field of clean technology
- Present Israel as a case study from which to draw valuable lessons about clean technology
- Enrich participants with professional skills with which to develop their careers and best benefit their communities and countries
- Connect participants with an international network of professionals in their field
Fields of Study
The program will provide participants with knowledge and tools in the following subjects:
- Policies and national programs for cleantech development
- Law and regulation implementation for renewable energy , energy efficiency and water conservation
- Advocacy for and promotion of cleantech
- Platforms, networks and cooperation for new technology implementation at the regional level
- Innovation support systems, SME and entrepreneurship support for cleantech development
- The Israeli experience and Israeli cleantech startups and companies in water technologies, energy technologies, waste management, recycling and waste to energy programs .
Who may apply?
The training targets highly motivated decision makers, policy makers and professionals from the fields of energy, water, waste, agriculture, climate change, infrastructure and economic development, those working in government ministries (such as local government, planning, development, energy and others), in local authorities, NGO’s and CBO’s active in the field of entrepreneurship and startup, venture capital funds, business organizations, and academic institutions engaged with cleantech and entrepreneurship programs.
Candidates must complete the appropriate application forms (including health certificate, declaration etc.) available at the Israeli diplomatic mission in their country, or through the Internet. The completed forms should be submitted in WORD documents to the Israeli mission in your area and sent via email no later than the morning of April 1 st, 2016. Candidates must also hand in a passport photo by electronic file.
MASHAV awards a limited number of scholarships. The scholarship covers the cost of the training program including lectures and field visits, full board accommodation in double rooms (two participants per room), health insurance and transfers to and from the airport. Medical insurance covers medical services and hospitalization in case of emergency.
For more information about this course, please download this PDF.
For more information about MASHAV’s 2016 short courses, please visit the official website of MASHAV.