Deadline: 31 January 2016
The University of Louisville is currently inviting nominations from the individual political scientists of all nationalities, for the Grawemeyer Awards.
The Award is presented annually to the winner of a competition designed to stimulate the recognition, dissemination and critical analysis of outstanding proposals for improving world order.
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The nominees may address a wide range of global concerns including:
- foreign policy and its formation;
- the conduct of international relations or world politics;
- global economic issues, such as world trade and investment;
- resolution of regional, ethnic or racial conflicts;
- the proliferation of destructive technologies; global cooperation on environmental protection or other important issues;
- international law and organization;
- any combination or particular aspects of these, or any other suitable idea which could at least incrementally lead to a more just and peaceful world order.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
The Grawemeyer Award in World Order is accompanied by a prize of $100,000, which is presented in full during the awards ceremony.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- The university committee overseeing the award invites nominations from throughout the world by individual political scientists expert in the area, by professional associations of political scientists or related disciplines in international relations, by university presidents or by publishers and editors of journals and books in political science and world affairs.
- Self- nominations will not be considered.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents:
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- Four (4) copies of the idea as published in book form, article or speech (written text or transcript) including all standard bibliographic citations and copyright citations. Nominations not in English must be accompanied by an English summary or abstract and a translation of the most essential parts.
- Biographical materials about the author(s) of the idea or about the group or institution if the idea is the product of such an entity.
- A completed nomination form (Acrobat Reader required).
- A completed nominee release form (Acrobat Reader required).
- Acknowledgment that one copy of all materials submitted will become a part of the permanent university archives.
- Independent supporting materials such as book reviews and newspaper articles are encouraged. Usually, solicited letters of support are not very helpful.
All application documents must be submitted via postal mail or an email.
For more information, please visit The Grawemeyer Award.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.