Deadline: 15 June 2016
The European Commission is currently inviting proposals for its Intra-Africa Academic Mobility Scheme to promote sustainable development and ultimately contribute to poverty reduction by increasing the availability of trained and qualified high-level professional manpower in Africa.
The programme’s specific objective is to improve the skills and competences of students and staff through enhanced intra-African mobility.
The programme aims to-
- contribute to the improvement of the quality of higher education through the promotion of internationalisation and harmonisation of programmes and curricula within participating institutions;
- enable students, academics and staff to benefit linguistically, culturally and professionally from the experience gained in the context of mobility to another African country.
- The overall indicative amount made available under this Call for proposals is estimated at EUR 9 900 000 and should allow around 350 mobility flows.
- Each grant will amount to between EUR 1 000 000 (minimum grant size) and EUR 1 500 000 (maximum grant size).
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- The present Call is open to Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). Individuals will benefit from the mobility activities planned by these HEIs.
- The partnership will be composed of the applicant/coordinating HEI, the partner HEIs, the
- EU technical partner and the associated partners where relevant.
- Eligible countries
- Central: Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Congo (DRC), Equatorial Guinea, Gabon and São Tomé and Principe
- Eastern: Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Uganda and Tanzania
- Northern: Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and Morocco
- Southern: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia and Zimbabwe
- Western: Benin, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cape Verde, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Mauritania, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone and Togo
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted through an online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit EU-Africa.