Deadline: 1 December 2015
Applications are currently open for Visegrad Fund’s Small grants!
The International Visegrad Fund founded by four countries the Czech Republic, Hungary, the Republic of Poland, and the Slovak Republic (collectively called Visegrad Group [V4] Countries annually provides small grants to organizations around the globe to facilitate and promote the development of closer cooperation among citizens and institutions in the region as well as between the V4 region and other countries.
The grant is provided to non-governmental organizations (NGOs), civil society organizations (CSOs), municipalities and local or regional governments, schools and universities and individual citizens around the globe. The basic criteria for granting the fund is the proposed project must deal with V4 region and further develop cooperation among project partners based in the region.
Project Categories (Areas)
There are six categories into which Small Grants projects are divided. The following are the six categories with example of concrete project topics:
- cultural cooperation (film and theater, festivals, exhibitions, publications)
- education (seminars, education workshops, summer schools)
- scientific exchange and research (academic workshops, conferences)
- youth exchanges (summer camps, school exchanges)
- cross-border cooperation (site-specific, locally or regionally relevant projects)—applicants and project partners cannot have their seats further than 80 km from given border (projects in this category can involve two—always two neighboring V4 countries—or three—always two neighboring V4 countries + a single neighboring non-V4 country)
- promotion of tourism (tourist portals or brochures, promotion of concrete sites)
Grant Size & Project Duration
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- budget is €6,000
- Timeframe is 6 months
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Any legal entity or natural person worldwide is eligible for funding, provided that the given project proposal deals with topics relevant to the V4 region and promotes cooperation among project partners in the region. Preferences are given to applicants from non-governmental, civil society organizations (NGOs/CSOs), municipalities and local governments, public schools and universities, research and scientific bodies and public institutions in general.
For Project Partners
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
Participation of subjects from at least three different V4 countries (an organizer and at least two project partners) is the basic condition for eligibility; cross-border cooperation projects are an exception (tailored for bi-/trilateral projects in border regions) and so is the Visegrad Strategic Program where all four V4 countries must be represented). Applicants are, however, strongly encouraged to involve project partners from all four V4 countries (if not possible, reasoning is required in the project proposal).
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.
The project must deal with V4 countries and shall develop cooperation within the region and/or between the V4 region and other countries. Priority is given to projects that strive to create common added value rather to projects which simply just involve partners from the said countries.
- Application forms are available through an online system on the website.
- Applicants need to register with a valid e-mail address to start a new application form.
- A hard-copy version of an application form can be printed out from the system only once the on-line application form has been submitted. The following documents must also be delivered to the fund in a single package with the original application form (separately delivered documents cannot be considered):
- copies of letters of intent
- copies of ID or registration documents of the applicant and project partners
- copies of confirmations about co-financing (copies or scan printouts of documents proving other confirmed financial contributions to the project from project partners, other donors or sponsors)
For more information, please visit Visegrad Call for Applications.