Deadline: 1 December 2015
Applications are currently open for Visegrad Fund’s Small grants!
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The International Visegrad Fund founded by four countries the Czech Republic, Hungary, the Republic of Poland, and the Slovak Republic (collectively called Visegrad Group [V4] Countries annually provides small grants to organizations around the globe to facilitate and promote the development of closer cooperation among citizens and institutions in the region as well as between the V4 region and other countries.
The grant is provided to non-governmental organizations (NGOs), civil society organizations (CSOs), municipalities and local or regional governments, schools and universities and individual citizens around the globe. The basic criteria for granting the fund is the proposed project must deal with V4 region and further develop cooperation among project partners based in the region.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Project Categories (Areas)
There are six categories into which Small Grants projects are divided. The following are the six categories with example of concrete project topics:
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- cultural cooperation (film and theater, festivals, exhibitions, publications)
- education (seminars, education workshops, summer schools)
- scientific exchange and research (academic workshops, conferences)
- youth exchanges (summer camps, school exchanges)
- cross-border cooperation (site-specific, locally or regionally relevant projects)—applicants and project partners cannot have their seats further than 80 km from given border (projects in this category can involve two—always two neighboring V4 countries—or three—always two neighboring V4 countries + a single neighboring non-V4 country)
- promotion of tourism (tourist portals or brochures, promotion of concrete sites)
Grant Size & Project Duration
- budget is €6,000
- Timeframe is 6 months
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Any legal entity or natural person worldwide is eligible for funding, provided that the given project proposal deals with topics relevant to the V4 region and promotes cooperation among project partners in the region. Preferences are given to applicants from non-governmental, civil society organizations (NGOs/CSOs), municipalities and local governments, public schools and universities, research and scientific bodies and public institutions in general.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For Project Partners
Participation of subjects from at least three different V4 countries (an organizer and at least two project partners) is the basic condition for eligibility; cross-border cooperation projects are an exception (tailored for bi-/trilateral projects in border regions) and so is the Visegrad Strategic Program where all four V4 countries must be represented). Applicants are, however, strongly encouraged to involve project partners from all four V4 countries (if not possible, reasoning is required in the project proposal).
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
The project must deal with V4 countries and shall develop cooperation within the region and/or between the V4 region and other countries. Priority is given to projects that strive to create common added value rather to projects which simply just involve partners from the said countries.
- Application forms are available through an online system on the website.
- Applicants need to register with a valid e-mail address to start a new application form.
- A hard-copy version of an application form can be printed out from the system only once the on-line application form has been submitted. The following documents must also be delivered to the fund in a single package with the original application form (separately delivered documents cannot be considered):
- copies of letters of intent
- copies of ID or registration documents of the applicant and project partners
- copies of confirmations about co-financing (copies or scan printouts of documents proving other confirmed financial contributions to the project from project partners, other donors or sponsors)
For more information, please visit Visegrad Call for Applications.