Deadline: 15 September 2015
For individuals, the Graham foundation’s priorities are to:
- Provide opportunities to create, develop, and communicate a project about architecture and the designed environment that will contribute to their creative, intellectual, and professional growth at crucial or potentially transformative stages in their careers.
- Support their efforts to take positions, develop new forms of expression, and engage debate.
- Help them communicate their work in the public realm and reach new and wider audiences.
- Support new voices by giving priority to first-time applicants.
- Production & Presentation Grants
- Research & Development Grants
- Individuals are eligible to apply for Production and Presentation Grants and Research and Development Grants.
- Collaborative projects by individuals are eligible for funding. A collaborator is defined as a co-author of the project. A collaborator is not a participant who is providing contracted services for the project.
- Individuals may only apply for one grant per year.
- Applicants who have received prior Graham Foundation support must have satisfied all grant requirements before applying again.
- Individuals working on independent projects who are required by their organizations to apply for and receive funding under the aegis of the organization (e.g., a faculty member of an academic institution) may use a fiscal agent.
How to Apply
The Graham Foundation’s application is a two-stage process and is open submission.
- Stage One/Inquiry Form: Eligible candidates interested in applying for a grant from the Graham Foundation must first submit an Inquiry Form. The Inquiry Form becomes available on the website with each grant cycle and must be submitted online.
- Stage Two/Proposal Form: After Inquiry Forms are reviewed, applicants whose projects best match our priorities and interests are invited to submit a Proposal Form and supplementary materials. Applicants who are not invited to submit a Proposal Form are sent a decline letter at this stage. An invitation to submit a Proposal Form does not guarantee eventual funding.
Click Next to read about Graham Foundation’s Grants programme for Organisations.