Deadline: 14 May 2016
The EUROPARC Federation is seeking applications for its Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships to support young professionals and graduated students willing to undertake study visits in Protected Areas in 2017.
- The Alfred Toepfer Foundation awards three Alfred Toepfer Natural Heritage Scholarships to promising young conservationists with practical experience in the field of nature conservation and in the work of protected areas.
- The programme offers the opportunity of financial support for a study visit to one or more protected areas in another European country and to gather experience which will be both of benefit for the future career of the scholars, and to the EUROPARC Federation and its members.
- The programme intends to enhance cross-national co-operation to advance the quality, innovation and European dimension of protected area management.
- Biodiversity and Climate Change – impacts and challenges for Protected Areas
- Sustainable Development in Protected Areas – social and economic benefits for all
- Opportunities for Health and Well-being in Protected Areas
- Parks for People – strategies to involve people in Protected Areas
The awards will each be worth EUR 3.000.
- The age limit at the time of application is 35.
- European Nationality.
- An important selection criterion is a convincing presentation of the applicant’s professional and personal reasons for the planned study visit.
- Proof of relevant contacts with target protected area established at the time of application.
- Evidence of the current employment status for:
- Applicants from Protected Areas must have staff status.
- Applicants from universities must be matriculated and must have completed their intermediate diploma.
- Study visits to prepare master or doctoral thesis will not be considered
- Command of the English language or local language where the study visit will be undertaken.
- The award of the scholarship more than one time is not possible.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill the application form via given website.
For more information, please visit Natural Heritage Scholarships.