Deadline- 31st Jan 2013
Copenhagen Business School(CBS) is seeking applications for PhD Scholarship in Sustainable Construction, Innovation and Institutionalisation which is funded by EU FP7 Marie Curie Grant Initial Training Network (ITN). 14 PhD student positions are offered for the period of three years in the fields of philosophy, history, psychology, sociology, law, political science, information systems, culture and languages. The scholarship includes the tuition fees, office space, travel grants plus a salary, currently starting with per month.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
There is a growing interest within the construction industry and amongst policy makers in promoting sustainable construction. Drawing on economic sociology and organisational theory, the research objective is to analyse the institutionalisation of sustainable construction and the technical, organisational and managerial innovations that this involves. The PhD project will explore the practices of key actors in the value chain – clients, architects, contractor companies, material suppliers, and urban planners – and examine the challenges and opportunities for inter-organizational collaboration.
The project can address the following research questions-
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- How do actors involved in the construction sector collaborate in creating standards for sustainability, e.g. sustainability labels, professional norms and certification systems, that shape collective understandings within the sector and facilitate the spread of new design templates and construction methods?
- How do these actors create innovative practices that can enable them to realize the business opportunities associated with sustainable construction, providing them and society with greater value than business as usual?
- How do building and planning authorities meet, understand and accept new (voluntary) standards, design templates and construction methods?
- The candidate should have a basic training at the Master’s level (similar to the 3 + 2 Bologna process). An educational background in the social sciences is necessary.
- The applicant must have successfully completed a Master’s degree before commencing a PhD at CBS.
- The applicant must be fluent in English.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The application must include a 5 page project description. This research proposal should contain a presentation of an original research question, a description of the initial theoretical framework and methodology, a presentation of the suggested empirical material as well as a work-plan.
- In addition to the research proposal, the application must include copies of a Master’s degree certificate or other certificates of a corresponding level, brief curriculum vitae (CV), a list of papers and publications, and one copy of a selected written work (e.g. Master’s thesis).
For more information, visit this link