Deadline: 13 May 2016
European Commission is seeking proposals from organisations for a programme entitled “Engaging civil society in Pan-African issues” with an aim to improve the contribution of civil society organisations to continental decision- and policy making processes in Africa, particularly in the areas of Good Governance, Democracy, Human Rights, Peace and Security and Women’s rights.
- To increase CSOs’ ability to contribute to a more effective implementation and monitoring of African continental legal instruments and to a stronger awareness of the people of their rights;
- To support CSOs’ increased participation and contribution in African continental decision- and policy making and standard-setting.
- Support the operationalisation of the African Governance Architecture
- CSOs’ contribution to a strong and independent African Human Rights System
- Support CSOs’ active participation in the implementation of the Peace & Security agenda in Africa
- CSOs’ contribution to the effective realization of women’s rights in Africa
Size of Grant
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 2 000 000 to EUR 5 000 000.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Actions should take place in Africa and seek to achieve impact at continental level. Actions limited to one country only will not be eligible.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 36 months.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a civil society organisation , a not-for-profit association or a legally registered network/platform of CSOs and
- be established in an African country or in a Member State of the European Union and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter. Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- The lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies) that include:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- concept notes
- full application
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.
(Ad) How to raise funds? Where can I find a list of donors for my area of work? How to write proposals? How can I submit a grant request to USAID, the European Commission or the Gates Foundation? How can I use Social Media to promote my work? We have developed powerful resources in the form of Ebook and Articles covering all this information and more. Learn more.