Deadline: 13 May 2016
European Commission is seeking proposals from organisations for a programme entitled “Engaging civil society in Pan-African issues” with an aim to improve the contribution of civil society organisations to continental decision- and policy making processes in Africa, particularly in the areas of Good Governance, Democracy, Human Rights, Peace and Security and Women’s rights.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- To increase CSOs’ ability to contribute to a more effective implementation and monitoring of African continental legal instruments and to a stronger awareness of the people of their rights;
- To support CSOs’ increased participation and contribution in African continental decision- and policy making and standard-setting.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Support the operationalisation of the African Governance Architecture
- CSOs’ contribution to a strong and independent African Human Rights System
- Support CSOs’ active participation in the implementation of the Peace & Security agenda in Africa
- CSOs’ contribution to the effective realization of women’s rights in Africa
Size of Grant
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 2 000 000 to EUR 5 000 000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Actions should take place in Africa and seek to achieve impact at continental level. Actions limited to one country only will not be eligible.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 24 months nor exceed 36 months.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person and
- be non-profit-making and
- be a civil society organisation , a not-for-profit association or a legally registered network/platform of CSOs and
- be established in an African country or in a Member State of the European Union and
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter. Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- The lead applicant and its co-applicant(s) may act with affiliated entity(ies) that include:
- Entities directly or indirectly controlled by an applicant (daughter companies or first-tier subsidiaries). They may also be entities controlled by an entity controlled by an applicant (granddaughter companies or second-tier subsidiaries) and the same applies to further tiers of control;
- Entities directly or indirectly controlling the applicant (parent companies). Likewise, they may be entities controlling an entity controlling the applicant;
- Entities under the same direct or indirect control as the applicant (sister companies).
How to Apply
(Ad) Lots of grant opportunities but no idea how to write a proposal to apply for them? We have a huge collection of sample proposals available only for Premium Members. You can view these proposals and even request for download. Get ideas from other successful grantees and write your proposal quickly. Learn more.
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- concept notes
- full application
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.