Deadline: 31 May 2016
The European Commission is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for a programme entitled “Upgrading civil defence preparedness and disaster risk reduction in Albania” to increase floods resilience with better early warning systems and disaster prevention mechanisms.
The objective of this call for proposals is to increase the capacity of the Albanian General Directorate for Civil Emergencies to prevent and respond to disaster management.
- Flood Management
- Early warning systems
- Flood Awareness
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must be equal or less than the available budget of 2.5M€.
Actions must take place in Albania.
It is envisaged that project will run for a minimum period of 18 months and a maximum period of 22 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation
- be established in Albania or in a Member State of the European Union, in an accession or official candidate country as recognised by the European Union or in Member State of the European Economic Area
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations.
- The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s).
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- Co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant.
How to Apply
Applicants have to register themselves in PADOR, an on-line database via given website.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.