Deadline: 14 March 2016
The European Commission’s Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection department is currently seeking proposals for prevention and preparedness projects in the field of civil protection and marine pollution. This call for proposals will help to fund activities aimed at closer cooperation in prevention, preparedness and awareness-raising in civil protection and marine pollution. It covers any type of disaster (i.e. floods, earthquakes, fires, pandemics, CBRN, etc).
The objective of the call is to select projects which support and complement the efforts of participating states and eligible third countries in prevention and preparedness in civil protection and marine pollution focusing on areas where a common European approach is more appropriate.
- Support and complement the efforts of Member States in the field of disaster prevention, focusing on areas where cooperation provides added value.
- Support the IPA II beneficiaries and the European Neighborhood Policy countries in the field of disaster prevention and improve their cooperation with The Union Civil Protection Mechanism (UCPM) and its Participating States.
The Call covers two separate policy areas, prevention and preparedness, each with its specific objectives and budget.
Prevention Project: The objective of the project is to support and complement the efforts of participating states and eligible third countries in actions aimed at achieving a higher level of protection and resilience against disasters by preventing or reducing their effects.
Preparedness Project: The objective of the project is to create better prerequisites for and improve preparedness, as well as enhance awareness of civil protection and/or marine pollution professionals and volunteers.
To be eligible for the award of a grant under this call, the proposed projects and beneficiaries must comply with the following conditions:
- Projects financed under the internal budget item are designed and implemented by transnational partnerships involving a minimum of three entities from three different Participating States or International Organisations in cooperation with entities from Participating States
- Projects financed under the external budget item involve a minimum of three entities, including, a minimum of one IPA II beneficiary not participating in the UCPM and/or one European Neighborhood Policy country not participating in the UCPM, as well as an entity from at least one Participating State or an International Organisation as the Coordinator.
- In order to be eligible for the award of a grant, beneficiaries must be legal persons.
- Beneficiaries must belong to one of the following categories: private entities, public entities, or international organisations.
- Beneficiaries must be established in one of the European Civil Protection Mechanism (EUCPM) Participating States.
- Beneficiaries must be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the project with other beneficiaries, i.e. not acting as an intermediary;
- Applications must be submitted in one of the official languages of the European Union.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can submit their proposals either by post, by courier or deliver by hand at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection.