Deadline: 23 May 2016
The European Union is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for its Thematic Programme “Civil Society Organisations” with an aim to promote dialogue, the accountability and transparency of state entities.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- To strengthen the collective voice and participation of grassroots civil society, including through community-based monitoring, demanding transparency and accountability from the government.
- To develop capacity of CSOs on good governance practices, policy reform, networking and collective advocacy on reform, transparency and accountability.
- To enhance responsiveness and accountability of local authorities to deliver services and promote the rights and entitlements of communities and citizens.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Justice sector reform
- Social services including health and education
- Security sector
- Agriculture and rural development
- Mineral sector and extractive industries
- Urban development, including land management and housing
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between EUR 1,800,000 and EUR 1,900,000.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Afghanistan
- be Civil Society Organisations , constituted in accordance with the legislation in force in Afghanistan and/or Member State of the European Union or in any eligible countries as per the relevant provisions of the EU CIR
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
- In order to apply for the program, the applicants have to register themselves in PADOR, an on-line database via given website.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.