Deadline: 23 May 2016
The European Union is currently accepting proposals from eligible organisations for its Thematic Programme “Civil Society Organisations” with an aim to promote dialogue, the accountability and transparency of state entities.
- To strengthen the collective voice and participation of grassroots civil society, including through community-based monitoring, demanding transparency and accountability from the government.
- To develop capacity of CSOs on good governance practices, policy reform, networking and collective advocacy on reform, transparency and accountability.
- To enhance responsiveness and accountability of local authorities to deliver services and promote the rights and entitlements of communities and citizens.
- Justice sector reform
- Social services including health and education
- Security sector
- Agriculture and rural development
- Mineral sector and extractive industries
- Urban development, including land management and housing
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this Call for Proposals must fall between EUR 1,800,000 and EUR 1,900,000.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be established in a Member State of the European Union or Afghanistan
- be Civil Society Organisations , constituted in accordance with the legislation in force in Afghanistan and/or Member State of the European Union or in any eligible countries as per the relevant provisions of the EU CIR
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations.
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application.
- In order to apply for the program, the applicants have to register themselves in PADOR, an on-line database via given website.
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.