Deadline: 27 May 2016
The European Commission is currently accepting applications from organisations for the thematic programme “Society Organisations (CSOs) and Local Authorities (LAs)” in order to support CSOs’ contributions to, and increase their participation in promoting accountability, inclusive national development and policy making in Trinidad and Tobago.
Supporting initiatives promoting improved democratic governance, accountability at country level and with public authorities, such as independent budget analysis, expenditure tracking, monitoring the implementation of polices and laws, anti- corruption initiatives, integrity pacts, participatory budgeting, participatory audits, procurement monitoring and public access to information legislation, and promoting judicial reform.
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 300,000 and EUR 340,000
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be a specific type of organisation such as: non-governmental organisation, public sector operator, local authority, international (inter-governmental) organisation of the Rules of application of the EU Financial Regulation
- be established in a Member State of the European Union
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant must act with co-applicant(s) as specified hereafter.
- At least two co-applicants that are established in Trinidad and Tobago must be involved in the action.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.