Deadline: 31 May 2016
The European Commission is currently accepting applications from eligible organizations for the thematic programme “Civil Society Organisations and Local Authorities 2014-2020” to strengthen service delivery by CSOs and to contribute to the democratic process in Liberia.
- To support initiatives aimed at improving legal certainty and enforcement of land rights
- To support initiatives aimed at empowering vulnerable – women and youth
- To support initiatives aimed at improving access to quality mental health services
Size of Grants
Any grant requested under this call for proposals must fall between EUR 300 000 and EUR 1 000 000.
Actions must take place in Liberia.
The initial planned duration of an action may not be lower than 18 months nor exceed 36 months.
- In order to be eligible for a grant, the lead applicant must:
- be a legal person
- be non-profit-making
- be a non-governmental organisation
- be established in Liberia or in a Member State of the European Union
- be directly responsible for the preparation and management of the action with the co-applicant(s) and affiliated entity(ies), not acting as an intermediary and
- Demonstrate previous presence or experience working in Liberia
- Potential applicants may not participate in calls for proposals or be awarded grants if they are in any of the situations
- The lead applicant may act individually or with co-applicant(s).
- Co-applicants participate in designing and implementing the action, and the costs they incur are eligible in the same way as those incurred by the lead applicant.
- Co-applicants must satisfy the eligibility criteria as applicable to the lead applicant.
How to Apply
- The application procedure consists of two phases:
- Concept notes
- Full applications
- In the first instance, only concept notes must be submitted for evaluation. Thereafter, lead applicants who have been pre-selected will be invited to submit a full application
For more information, please visit Europeaid and download the guidelines.