Deadline: 15 December 2016
Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service is seeking applications for its African Women Public Service Fellowship program which is made possible by a donation from the Oprah Winfrey Foundation and expands the opportunity for African women to prepare for public service in their home countries.
As fellows at NYU Wagner, African women study in one of two graduate programs:
- The two-year Master of Public Administration
- The two-year Master of Urban Planning
- The one-year Executive MPA
The awards for either program will support:
- Travel to and from the United States
- A small stipend to cover books and miscellaneous expenses.
- Academic history and aptitude, including previous grades received and/or relevant course work completed
- Professional experience and development, including internships, volunteer work, full-time and part-time positions (doctoral-level applicants should highlight their research experience instead)
- Required Essays
- Recommendations (two -with a preference for one professional and one academic-for all master’s-level candidates; three required for all doctoral-level candidates)
- Standardized test scores (GRE or GMAT scores are strongly recommended, but not required for master’s- level candidates
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are required for applicants whose undergraduate (applicable to master’s-level applicants) or graduate education (applicable to all doctoral-level applicants) was not in English.
- NYU Wagner’s admissions committee pays particular attention to applications from women who possess strong academic records; who have a demonstrated commitment to public service; and for whom a Wagner education would significantly enhance their ability to have a deep and lasting impact on public service issues in their home country and region.
- Applicant must be citizens and resident in an African country at the time of application.
- Applicants commit to return to their respective home countries at the conclusion of the program with the goal of assuming a leadership position on the continent where they can meaningfully contribute to the challenges currently confronting Africa.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
For more information, please visit Robert F. Wagner Graduate School of Public Service.