Deadline: 29 April 2016
America Solidaria US is currently accepting applications from volunteers across US for its year-long Fellowship Program in 13 countries throughout the Americas. Projects are focused in the areas of health, education, and economic development to benefit children, youth, and families living in poverty.
- Travel to and from country of service
- Visa Expenses
- Placement at a host organization
- Housing and monthly living stipend (this is adequate to support a modest lifestyle for one person based on the local cost of living)
- Health Insurance
- Alumni Americas Network
- Out-of-country two week orientations that provides cross-cultural, technical, health, and safety skills training.
- April 29, 2016 Priority deadline for online applications
- May 2 – May 6, 2016 Application review process (eligibility)
- May 6, 2016 Semi-finalists and those not selected are notified by email
- June 6, 2016 Deadline for letters of recommendation (closes at 11:59pm EDT)
- May 6 – June 6, 2016 Interviews with semi-finalists
- June 6, 2016 Applicants are notified of final decisions
- August 22 – September 2, 2016: Out-of-country orientation (in Chile) (tentative dates)
- September 2016: Travel to host country
- Applicants must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- Applicants must be 35 years or younger
- Applicants must possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Applicants must possess professional experience in the NGO/nonprofit/social or public sector
- Applicants must demonstrate Spanish language ability
- Applicants must demonstrate leadership and collaborative skills
Fellowships provide support to local organizations in the following countries:
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Argentina, Bolivia, Chile, Colombia, the Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Nicaragua, Peru, Uruguay and the United States. Please note that volunteers are required to serve outside of their country of origin.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants are required to apply through an online process.
For more information, please visit Linking the Americas.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.