Deadline: 15 January 2016
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) in partnership with the International Development Research Centre (IDRC) is currently inviting applications for its ninth call for applications for the African Doctoral Dissertation Research Fellowships 2016 (ADDRF). The Program targets doctoral students with strong commitment to a career in training and/or research.
The ADDRF Fellowship Program seeks to facilitate more rigorous engagement of doctoral students in research, strengthen their research skills, and provide them an opportunity for timely completion of their doctoral training. The overall goal of the ADDRF Program is to support the training and retention of highly-skilled, locally-trained scholars in research and academic positions across the region.
These fellowships will be awarded to doctoral students who are within two years of completing their thesis at an African university and whose dissertation topics focus on health systems.
Each award will be up to a maximum of US$10,000.
- Health sector analysis
- Health management and organization
- Health care financing (including health insurance)
- Quality of care
- Human resources for health
- Health program evaluation
- Health equity
- Cost- effectiveness of health care programs
- Community participation in health care or health issues
- Research to practice and health policy
- Health information, education and communication
- Pharmaceutical policy
- Economic policy and health
- Health information systems
- Health services utilization and accessibility
- Be citizens or permanent residents of a sub-Saharan African country.
- Be undertaking doctoral training at a recognized sub-Saharan African university.
- Have completed all pre-dissertation requirements.
- Provide a detailed time-frame for completing their dissertation which should be endorsed by the head of department or the chair of the dissertation committee.
- Have a research topic that has been approved by their doctoral dissertation committee, as well as the official body.
- Overseeing ethical review of the research protocol (or a waiver of ethical committee if applicable).
- Be able to complete their dissertation within 24 months of the start of the fellowship.
How to Apply
Applicants must download the application form and send it via email.
For more information, please visit Research Fellowship 2016.