Deadline: 2 November 2015
The AHCJ Reporting Fellowships on Health Care Performance supported by the Commonwealth Fund is a yearlong program allowing journalists to pursue a significant reporting project related to the U.S. health care system.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The AHCJ Reporting Fellowships on Health Care Performance are intended to support U.S.-based applicants who have interesting projects in mind for their news outlets that hold the promise of informing and educating the public. Applicants should have a working knowledge of the topic and a good idea of what it will take to complete the project.
Awards and Benefits
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The fellowship provides:
- seminar trips, including food, lodging and travel within the United States;
- a project allowance of up to $4,000 that can be tapped for field reporting trips, data purchases and other approved research expenses;
- attendance at Health Journalism 2016, including travel, lodging and registration
- attendance at your choice of one one-day AHCJ regional workshop, including travel, lodging and registration;
- one year’s professional membership in AHCJ;
- a $2,500 fellowship award for the successful completion of the project.
Areas of Interests
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Efforts to improve patient safety or quality of care or to extend the health care system into underserved communities
- The impact of Accountable Care Organizations on patient care and satisfaction
- How payment structures — shared risk, fee for service, employed clinicians vs. independent contractors — affect health care delivery
- The effectiveness of new approaches to old diseases or evidence-based medicine
- Health system redesign, new technology or other innovations to reduce costs and improve the quality of care.
Candidates should be experienced U.S.-based, working journalists who qualify for AHCJ professional membership and have expertise in health reporting.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply online via given website.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
For more information, please visit AHCJ Reporting Fellowships.