Deadline: 29 April 2016
The goal of the Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship is to provide women journalists with a transformative experience by offering them opportunities to complete research and coursework at leading academic institutions and build reporting skills through internships at major U.S.-based media outlets.
- A fixed monthly stipend will be provided to cover housing, meals, and ground transportation during the fellowship.
- Round-trip economy airfare will be purchased from the fellow’s place of residence to Washington, D.C., and from Washington, D.C., to the fellowship city.
- The fellow will receive health insurance during the program.
- The fellowship does not include a salary.
- For fellows residing outside of the United States, the fellowship also covers the costs of applying for and obtaining a U.S. visa.
- The fellow will be fully responsible for any additional incidental expenses and other costs.
- The Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship is open to women journalists worldwide whose work focuses on human rights and social justice issues.
- Journalists working in print, broadcast and/or Internet-based media, including freelancers, are eligible to apply.
- Applicants must have a minimum of three years experience in journalism.
- Non-native English speakers must have excellent written and verbal English skills in order to fully participate in and benefit from the program.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website.
For more information, please visit Neuffer Fellowships.