Deadline: 18 May 2016
The World Youth Movement for Democracy is seeking applications for its Hurford Youth Fellows Program 2016-2017 with an aim to build the leadership skills, enhance the organizational talents, and harness the potential of emerging democracy leaders from around the world.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Hurford Youth Fellows will engage in strategic meetings, conduct research, organize and lead presentations, online discussions and information-sharing sessions on key democracy issues that they will identify in consultation with the Secretariat and Leadership Board.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C. Stipends take into account the cost of living in Washington, D.C. Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including Internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellows Program must be no older than 30 years of age.
- They must demonstrate strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide.
- Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Fellows will be selected by the World Movement Secretariat staff at NED, NED Program Staff, in consultation with the World Youth Movement’s Leadership Board, and Hurford Youth Fellowship Alumni Network following an application process.
- Selection will be based on a set of criteria including demonstrated activism or interest in the advancement of democracy, a desire to network with others, and a clear explanation of how the fellowship will benefit their own efforts for advancing democracy.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must apply online via given website and also submit the required documents:
- Applicant Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
For more information, please visit:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.