Deadline: 18 May 2016
The World Youth Movement for Democracy is seeking applications for its Hurford Youth Fellows Program 2016-2017 with an aim to build the leadership skills, enhance the organizational talents, and harness the potential of emerging democracy leaders from around the world.
The Hurford Youth Fellows will engage in strategic meetings, conduct research, organize and lead presentations, online discussions and information-sharing sessions on key democracy issues that they will identify in consultation with the Secretariat and Leadership Board.
Each fellow will receive a monthly stipend for living expenses, plus basic health insurance and roundtrip travel to and from Washington, D.C. Stipends take into account the cost of living in Washington, D.C. Fellows are provided with a fully equipped office, including Internet and email access, and a limited budget for fellowship-related long-distance phone calls.
- Applicants interested in the Hurford Youth Fellows Program must be no older than 30 years of age.
- They must demonstrate strong interest in democratic activism and in the advancement of democracy in their respective communities, as well as worldwide.
- Youth affiliated with civil society organizations are especially encouraged to apply.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Fellows will be selected by the World Movement Secretariat staff at NED, NED Program Staff, in consultation with the World Youth Movement’s Leadership Board, and Hurford Youth Fellowship Alumni Network following an application process.
- Selection will be based on a set of criteria including demonstrated activism or interest in the advancement of democracy, a desire to network with others, and a clear explanation of how the fellowship will benefit their own efforts for advancing democracy.
How to Apply
Applicants must apply online via given website and also submit the required documents:
- Applicant Form
- Two Letters of Recommendation
For more information, please visit: