Deadline: 24 August 2015
The International Social Science Council (ISSC) is calling applicants from outstanding early career social scientists around the world to become World Social Science Fellows and participate in a seminar on Big Data in an Urban Context from 30 November 2015 to 4 December 2015 in China.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ISSC is an international organisation that aims to advance the practice and use of the social and behavioral sciences in all parts of the world, and to ensure their global representation.
The seminar is designed to improve the quality, reliability, management and accessibility of data of importance to all fields of science and technology.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The ISSC will select a maximum of 20 early career social scientists to participate in the seminar and become World Social Science Fellows.
- The cost for journey to Xiamen, China, and local travel and subsistence costs will be covered by the program authority itself.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants can be:
- Early career social scientists, natural scientists, and humanities scholars from all the world regions working on topics related to Big Data in an urban context.
- A post-doctoral researcher with a maximum of five years research experience following the PhD.
- An early career researcher without a PhD but with an equivalent level of research experience and output;
- Under 40 years of age (candidates over the age of 40 can also be considered, if they explain why they should be eligible)
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants can submit their applications electronically in one file at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit World Social Science Fellow.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.