Deadline- 26 September 2013
Andrew W. Mellon Foundation is seeking applications for Charles A. Ryskamp Research Fellowships program. The goal of this program is to support an academic year of research (nine months), plus an additional summer’s research. The fellowships are intended to provide time and resources to enable these faculty members to conduct their research under optimal conditions. The ultimate goal of the project should be a major piece of scholarly work by the applicant.
Each fellowship carries a stipend of $64,000, a fund of $2,500 for research and travel, and an additional 2/9 of the stipend ($14,222) for one summer’s support, if justified by a persuasive case.
- Completed application form
- Proposal (no more than 10 pages, double spaced, in Times New Roman 11-point font)
- Bibliography (no more than two pages)
- Publications list (no more than two pages)
- Three reference letters
Eligibility & criteria-
- The Ryskamp Fellowship Program is open to tenure-track assistant professors and untenured associate professors who-
- By September 26, 2013 will have successfully completed their institution’s last reappointment review before tenure review
- Whose tenure review will not be complete before February 1, 2014
- Applicants must hold the Ph.D. (or equivalent) and be employed in tenure-track positions at degree-granting academic institutions in the United States, remaining so for the duration of the fellowship. U.S. citizenship or permanent residency is not required, and previous supported research leaves do not affect eligibility for the Ryskamp Fellowship.
For more information, visit this link