Deadline: 15 December 2015
The Columbia Law School is inviting individuals with extraordinary potential in the field of international human rights, for its Human Rights LL.M. Fellowship (2016-2017) in order to support students pursuing an LL.M. degree at Columbia who show exceptional commitment and potential to use their education to become innovators and leaders in human rights practice and/or academia.
LL.M. Human Rights Fellows will receive:
- Tailored skills and career mentoring in both practice and academic scholarship from Human Rights Institute faculty, staff, and advisers;
- Be invited to special events with leading human rights advocates and scholars;
- Be afforded the opportunity to participate in the Human Rights Institute’s cutting-edge research projects.
- Fellows will also be given special consideration for admission to Columbia’s Human Rights Clinic, an innovative course where students learn to be strategic, creative, and critical human rights advocates while pursuing social justice in partnership with civil society and communities, and while advancing human rights methodologies and scholarship.
- Applicants must demonstrate experience in international human rights and a commitment to a career in the field, whether in academia and/or human rights practice.
- Candidates from Africa, Asia, and Latin America, and candidates who face impediments to education and leadership because of their race, ethnicity, religion, socio-economic background, gender, or sexual orientation are strongly encouraged to apply.
- To be eligible for admission to the LL.M. Program, applicants must
- Hold a first degree in law. A degree in a field other than law, even if followed by a master’s degree in law, generally does not suffice for admission.
- Applicants who have earned a law degree by correspondence course work or distance learning are not eligible for admission.
- As the LL.M. is a full-time program of study, students are not permitted to accept off-campus employment while enrolled in the program.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
For more information, please visit LL.M. Fellowship.