Deadline: 1 October 2015
The Nestle Nutrition Institute offers research grants in the fields of young women’s health, mother and child health and nutrition. The institute offer these fellowship grants to health professionals from anywhere in the world applying for post-graduate research training. The duration of the training can last up to 12 months. All institutions offering a training programme in the area of Maternal and/or Child Health and Nutrition are eligible to be a host institution. The NNI fellowship program will cover the applicant’s travel and living expenses.
The Fellowships are intended
- To carry out a research project in a foreign country institution
- To attend a training course: The course will include, but is not limited to: learning a specific laboratory technique, statistics, nutrition, etc.
Duration & Benefits
- Duration of the support for the research training lasts for a maximum of 12 months.
- The NNI will cover the fellow’s roundtrip travel to the host Institution, lodging expenses and a monthly stipend in addition to any host institution fees and some study related expenses up to 40’000 CHF. Health insurance coverage is also included for the duration of the course.
- Applicant must be from a developing country and should possess a post graduate degree.
- Fellow must be affiliated with an academic/clinical institution.
- Potential candidates should submit an application describing their interest in participating in the NNI Pediatric Nutrition Fellowship.
- Priority consideration for this prestigious fellowship will be given to candidates in junior positions from emerging countries.
- Applications will not be accepted from
- Candidates who have already spent more than 12 months outside their home country during the 3 years preceding the application. Exceptions could be made if the applicant can justify how this additional training will supplement the one(s) already obtained.
- Candidates who have already left their country at the time of applying for the fellowship.
- Candidates who have completed more than one half of any training programme they may already be enrolled in.
- Candidates who, at the time of submitting their application, already have a grant from any other training program.
- Applications can be downloaded from the website and must be sent by email.
- The application form must be accompanied by the following:
- Details of their current level of training,
- Curriculum Vitae,
- A plan of the proposed training/activity clearly indicating its specific outcomes and
- Two letters of recommendation (1 from the institution where the candidate is working and 1 from the host institution*).
- Letter stating intent to return to the home country upon completion of the training program.
- Application will be reviewed and applicants informed of the outcome by end of April/November.
For more information, please visit Nestle Health Fellowships.