The Asia Foundation is a nonprofit international development organization committed to improve lives across a dynamic and developing Asia. The Foundation educates women on their legal rights, safety, and personal health, protects the basic rights of women to counter human trafficking, fight gender-based violence, increase political participation and strengthen legal systems. It also reduces violence through peace building efforts in some of the most entrenched conflict zones by conducting empirical surveys.
Areas of interest
- Democracy & Good Governance
- Economic Development, Environment
- Drugs & Crime
- Peace & Conflict Resolution
- Women & Gender
- Law Enforcement
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Burma(Myanmar), Cambodia, China, East Timor (Timor-Leste), India, Indonesia, Japan, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam
- Applicant must be organisation or group from above mentioned countries only.
- The Foundation does not make grants to individuals and to U.S-based organizations.
- Only persons from above areas of interest should apply.
How to apply
Submit a brief letter of inquiry for the funds request which should include: introduction about the grant-seeking organization, brief project description, and budget estimate. After receiving the letter, foundation staff may reply informing the grant seeker as to whether or not the project fits within the foundation interests. If it does, foundation staff may ask the grant seeker to submit a formal proposal.