The Lantos Foundation was established to perpetuate Tom Lantos’ proud legacy as an ardent champion for human rights by carrying, in his words, “the noble banner of human rights to every corner of the world.”
The mission is to strengthen the role of human rights in American foreign policy and to be a vital voice standing up for our nation’s most important values of decency, dignity, freedom, and justice in every corner of the world.
Programs, Grants & Prizes
- Lantos Human Rights Prize – The Lantos Human Rights Prize is awarded annually to raise awareness about human rights violations and the individuals committed to fighting them throughout the world.
- Lantos/HIA Fellows – In the Lantos/HIA Fellowship Program, each year outstanding students and young professionals from around the world are given the opportunity to serve fellowships at the United States Congress. The purpose of the program is two-fold:
- To give bright, young scholars and future leaders the opportunity to work in the U.S. Congress and gain a greater understanding of the role of human rights in American legislative process
- To provide the U.S. Congress with an international perspective on human rights and to ensure that human rights remains an important focus of the Congressional legislative agenda.
- Lantos Foundation Front Line Fund – The Lantos Foundation Front Line Fund Grant Program is to award small grants to assist brave individuals and organizations in their fight against injustices around the world.
More information about this Foundation is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…