Deadline: 3 April 2015
The foundation provides more than 1000 grants per year to NGOs promoting democracy in more than 90 countries. Funding decisions are made on a quarterly basis by the NED Board of Directors. Grant amounts vary depending on the size and scope of the projects, but the average grant lasts 12 months and is around $50,000. Funding decisions are made on a quarterly basis.
- Promote and defend human rights and the rule of law
- Support freedom of information and independent media
- Strengthen democratic ideas and values
- Promote accountability and transparency
- Strengthen civil society organizations
- Strengthen democratic political processes and institutions
- Promote civic education
- Support democratic conflict resolution
- Promote freedom of association
- Strengthen a broad-based market economy
- Non-governmental organizations, which may include civic organizations, associations, independent media, and other similar organizations, can apply for NED grants.
- NED encourages applications from organizations working in diverse environments including newly established democracies, semi-authoritarian countries, highly repressive societies and countries undergoing democratic transitions.
- NED does not make grants to individuals, governmental bodies, or state-supported institutions such as public universities.
- Applications can submit their applications online through website. Documents needed to submit include-
- Proposal cover sheet
- proposal budget
- registration documents
More information about this Funding Opportunity is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…