Open throughout the year
The Nippon Foundation is a grant-making organization providing aid to projects that fall under one of the following four major categories namely
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- public welfare in Japan
- voluntary programs in Japan
- maritime and ship-related projects
- overseas cooperative assistance
Applications are open throughout the year. International NGOs can apply for the grants under last category by Nippon Foundation for Human development and Basic Human needs. There is no upper limit to the amount of grant funding. Funding is determined on a project-by-project basis.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Improvement of basic human needs: This includes healthcare, support of disabled persons and those who are socially vulnerable, agricultural development, population issues, community development, refugee aid, and disaster relief.
- Human resources development: This includes training and educational programs to scholars, students designed and executed by non-profit organizations and institutions of higher education
- Promotion of International Collaborative undertakings: By cultural, social, and intellectual exchanges.
- Applicants can be non-profit organizations around the world running their projects in one of the fields mentioned above.
- Applicants for the Nippon Foundation’s overseas grants must be non-profit organizations that can include local, regional or international NGOs/NPOs, educational and research institutions based outside of Japan.
- The Foundation does not accept applications from, nor provide grants to, private individuals or for-profit organizations.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Since there is no deadline, applications can be received throughout the year. It should be recommended that applications can be submitted at least half a year before the planned start of the project, or whenever the funding will be needed. Applications must be submitted by mail with the following documents:
- A cover letter
- An application summary form
- A project budget
- A project proposal to the Foundation’s Overseas Grants.
Note: Foundation do not accept applications send through email or fax.
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Nippon Foundation Grants.