The Sigrid Rausing Trust is a UK grantmaking foundation, founded in 1995 by Sigrid Rausing to support human rights globally. Since then, the Trust has given away approximately £250 million to human rights organisations all over the world.
Our guiding principles are:
- We recognise the value of core funding.
- We look for good and effective leadership.
- We are flexible and responsive to needs and opportunities.
- We value clarity and brevity in applications and reports.
- We look to establish long-term relationships with grantees.
The Trust runs nine main programmes:
Advocacy, Research and Litigation
Detention, Torture and Death Penalty
Human Rights Defenders
Xenophobia and Intolerance
Transparency and Accountability
The 2016 Trust budget is £22.6 million. Please note that we identify potential grantees through research and field work, and we do not accept unsolicited applications.
Sigrid Rausing Trust,
PO BOX 74062,
LONDON W11 9GR