Global GreenGrants supports communities to protect, restore, and transform their environments for a sustainable future. Since 1993, it has made more than $45 million in grants to local groups in 163 countries.
- Green Grantmaking – The flagship program supports more than 5,300 local projects in 163 countries with Greengrants averaging $4,800. The grants support grassroots solutions to social and environmental challenges such as climate change, biodiversity conservation, freshwater, indigenous rights, ocean and coastal conservation, and women’s voices.
- Women and the Environment – Women’s rights need to be protected and promoted more than ever. Global Greengrants Fund is committed to funding projects that are organized, led, and participated in by women. The grant recipients have stopped large-scale dams, deforestation, dirty energy development, mining, and polluting industries.
- Growing Global Green Philanthropy – Global GreenGrants work with Grant Advisors around the world to establish independent funds in their home regions. Advisors to these new, autonomous nonprofits continue to recommend recipients for grants and also raise money for their own grantmaking.
- Donor Advised Funds – Donors who participate in this program receive:
- A safe, hassle-free grant infrastructure to invest internationally. An efficient alternative to starting a private foundation.
- Guaranteed investment in people and the environment—not overhead, administrative, legal, and tax challenges.
- Tax deductions on contributions of any size, including gifts of appreciated stock, real estate and other assets.
- Opportunities to learn from our network of more than 150 expert Grant Advisors, and leverage the power of this global network in your grantmaking choices.
More information about this Foundation is available in the PDF version. If you are a FundsforNGOs Premium Member, you can instantly download this PDF version. Not a Premium Member? Click here to Sign up! Not interested? Continue reading…