Deadline: 1 September 2015
The Waterloo Foundation invites grant applications from UK based Charities for its marine and tropical rainforests programs. Proposals are invited for projects that can help mitigate the damaging effects that humans are having on the environment and contribute to a positive change both now and in the future.
The funds support projects which can help mitigate the damaging effects that humans are having on the environment and contribute to a positive change both now and in the future. The fund has two main themes:
- Marine – support for projects working to halt declining fish stocks
- Tropical Rainforests – support for projects protecting tropical rain forest, principally through avoided deforestation
- Marine Local
- Marine Strategic
- Tropical Rainforest Local
- Tropical Rainforest Strategic
Multi-annual grants (usually for up to three years) are provided with a total of £50,000 – £100,000.
- 1 September 2015– Deadline for Marine Projects (local & strategic)
- 1 December 2015– Deadline for Tropical Projects (local & strategic)
- Funding is available to UK-based charities, many of whom work in close partnership with smaller local NGOs based in the countries in which they operate.
- Applicants must be able to provide evidence that their previous projects have led to successful outcomes and sustained impact.
- If the initial proposal to the Marine or Tropical Rainforest is deemed eligible, the applicants will have to provide more information.
Read the individual eligibility criteria for Tropical & Marine (Local & Strategic) projects by clicking Next.