Sample Job Description: Communications & Fundraising Officer
Job Title: Communications & Fundraising Officer
Date of Joining: April 2010
Reporting to: Director
Summary: The mission of the organization is to promote human rights, mitigate conflict and build peaceful societies in the (region). It works closely with communities to build upon their awareness on human rights, sensitizes the government for positive responding towards human rights violations and organizes third-party peaceful negotiations between conflicting groups. The organization is currently looking for a Communications & Fundraising Officer to raise funds and ensure institutional sustainability.
The Communications & Fundraising Officer will:
- Creating, planning, implementation, management and oversight of all aspects related to fundraising for the organization.
- Identifying donor opportunities, develop donor database, respond to donor tenders and call for proposals, develop grant proposals, write appeals, represent the organization at donor meetings and undertake follow-up of potential funding opportunities.
- Explore and develop strategies for long-term sustainability of the organization and its interventions
- Develop business plans in consultation with other staff for possible generation of long-term incomes for the organization.
- Undertake online research and build contacts with potential individual donors and raise funds for the activities of the organization.
- Improve and develop communications material for the organization such as brochure, website, annual report, DVD, poster etc.
- Liaison with private agencies, the government and other organizations to explore potential collaborations for raising funds for the organization.
- Suggest other innovative ideas for effective resource mobilization.