Fundraising is one of the most important tasks for an NGO. Donors’ funding will ensure that your planned activities take place and that your organisation can pursue its main long-term goals. As such, to select the right candidates for a fundraising team is of utter importance. The main aim of this short guide is to advice NGO members on how to advertise a fundraising job vacancy, how to shortlist and select the right candidates, and how to manage the created team to improve the overall performance of the organisation.
Before looking for a new member of staff, remember that recruiting is about understanding people’s motivations. You will find the perfect match for your organisation only if you make the effort to understand what the candidates want, what their dreams are and also how your organisation could help them fulfilling their career’s expectations.
How to recruit Your Fundraising Officer
This first section will help you understanding what are the main qualities of a fundraiser, how and where you should look for a new fundraiser, how to assess potential candidates to select the right one and how to introduce the new member of staff to the activities of the organisation and its other members to enable the selected candidate to give a sound performance.
To read more, click on the links below:
- What are the Qualities of a Good Fundraiser?
- How to Advertise for a Fundraiser for Your NGO?
- How to Shortlist, Interview and Select Fundraisers for Your NGO?
- How to Build Your Fundraising Team?
- Where to find Potential Candidates for Fundraising and How to Attract them?
- Create a System for Recruiting Volunteers for Fundraising
- How to Assign Fundraising Tasks for Volunteers in Your Organization?
- Managing the Fundraisers for Your Organization
- How Your Fundraisers can maintain High Motivation
- How to set up Targets to make Your Fundraisers work
- Measuring the Progress Your Fundraisers make
- How to decide on the Budget for Your Fundraising Team
- Skills and Values for Your Fundraising Team