Developing and managing budgets can be a challenging task for NGOs whenever they need to plan a project, write a proposal and implement an activity. Efficient financial management is essential for the growth of any organization.
Besides, if you have well-managed and transparent financial system, it also enables donor agencies to gain confidence in your NGO and offer to support to it. However, setting up an efficient financial management system requires a sound understanding of financial practices and principles.
Here we are providing a basic guide for NGOs so that they can improve their capacity in developing and managing budgets for their organization and project and contribute towards an overall effective financial system.
Advantages of Effective Financial Management System in NGOs
Click on the links below to know all about developing budgets in proposals:
- What is a Budget – for NGOs?
- What should not be done with a Budget – for NGOs?
- Why budgets are so complicated – for NGOs?
- Involving the team in developing the budget
- Planning the Budget or Budgeting the Plan
- Types of Costs to be included in Budgets
- Matching Contribution in Budgets
- Defining certain terms in Budgets