Steps to Completing the UNDEF Application Form:
- UNDEF provides an example application form.
- You can use this form to complete your application off-line; then go online to the online application form and submit your application.
- You need to have a computer with an Internet connection to submit your application form on the UNDEF online application form.
- You must register your organization on the UNDEF website by creating a profile before you can apply for UNDEF funding.
- Once you have registered your organization, an email message will be sent by the online system (also known as the OPPS system) with a login username and password. Use this username and password to log into the UNDEF website to complete your application form.
- You do not need to complete the online application form all at one time. If you do not want to submit your application right away, choose the “SAVE” option located at the end of the online application form.
- Once you are confident that your application is complete, click on the “SUBMIT” button. NOTE: Once you hit the “SUBMIT” button you CANNOT go back and edit your application again. So, hit the “SUBMIT” button when you are absolutely sure that your application is complete.
Section 1. APPLICANT INFORMATION. This section asks for basic information about your organization such as: Name of the organization, organization acronym, type of applicant, first time or prior applicant, prior experience of your organization, operational budget of your organization, prior experience of your organization with the UN (United Nations), and affiliation (list grants your organization has received).
Section 1. HEAD OF ORGANIZATION. This section requests that you provide the name of the head of your organization, their professional title, telephone number, email address, and website address.
Section 1: KEY CONTACT. Provide the name of the key contact person of your organization. (This can be the same name as the head of your organization.); title of the key contact, phone number and email address of the key contact person.
PROJECT INFORMATION. This section asks you to provide: the title of your project. The title of your project should be short and self-explanatory. For example:
“Strengthening Transitional Justice Processes in Burundi”
“Spaces and Information for Citizens’ Engagement in Columbia”
If you need more ideas for your title, search the UNDEF Project Database where all previously funded projects are listed. You can read through the list of projects for ideas to create your own unique title.
You will be also asked to provide: the location of your project, the country of your project, (for local projects: the location in the country where the project will take place), (for regional projects: select a value on the Application Form from the Geographic Scale), a summary of the project (no more than 255 characters), the amount of funds you are requesting for the project, your organization’s own contribution to the project (cash or in kind), the main feature of the project, and previous initiatives or innovations.
If you are a Premium Member, you can instantly access the full information about this funding opportunity, including the link to the original website in a few seconds. Click here to log in! Not a Premium Member? Check out the amazing benefits of becoming a fundsforNGOs Premium Member here. Not interested? Continue reading…