Deadline: 31 May 2016
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The Mama Cash was the first international women’s fund in the world and is still alive and kicking. For 2016, Mama Cash expects to approve grants to approximately 20 new groups, in addition to the planned renewal grants to current grantee-partners.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
Mama Cash supports groups and initiatives that:
- Work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective
- Are self-led by the women, girls and/or trans people they serve
- Have the promotion of women’s, girls’ and/or trans people’s human rights as their primary mission, and not just as the focus of part of their programmes
- Push for structural and fundamental change
- Focus on issues that are under-addressed and/or contested
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- Reproductive justice
- Changing sex, sexuality and gender norms
- Reframing and ending violence
- Money (economic justice)
- Labour rights
- Environmental justice
- Applicants include groups, organisations, networks and other women’s funds. They are led by and work for sexual and ethnic minorities, adolescent girls, trans people, indigenous women, low-income women, single mothers, women with disabilities, migrant women, sex workers, rural women and women workers in both formal and informal sectors.
- Applicants must be based outside of the United States or Canada.
- Grant seeking organization must have annual operating budgets below EUR200,000.
- Applicant organization or initiatives must have their primary mission to promote the women’s, girls’ and/or trans people’s human rights.
- Individuals or businesses are not eligible to apply for Mama Cash Grants.
- Applicants must work from a feminist and/or women’s rights perspective; self-led by women, girls and/or trans people they serve.
- Applicants must push for structural and fundamental change and be connected to other organizations in women’s rights and/or other social justice movements.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Interested applicants can apply for grants by filling up the Letter of Interest form available on the given website.
For more information, please visit: http://www.mamacash.org/apply-for-a-grant/
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.