Deadline: 30 June 2016
Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW) is seeking applications for funding small-scale development projects which directly involve and benefit women. ACWW supports projects which are run mainly by women and benefit directly women and / or children.
The Associated Country Women of the World (ACWW) works in partnership with its members, offering mutual support, friendship and practical help to women and communities around the world. ACWW has over 460 member societies active in over 70 countries.
ACWW Connects & Supports Women & Communities Worldwide by:
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
- Working in partnership with member societies to offer mutual support
- Connecting at international level through UN representation
- Funding community development projects
- Supporting agricultural initiatives
- ACWW considers applications for funding small-scale development projects which directly involve and benefit women.
- As a guide, the maximum amount granted for non-member organisations is £5,000. However, applicants requesting smaller amounts are more likely to have their projects approved.
- Funding is given for the specific activity proposed and not for general core costs.
- The duration of the projects support is usually from 9 to 12 months, depending on the type of project. The duration of the project may vary according to the nature of the project.
- Although ACWW may occasionally give further funding for projects with satisfactory results, they stress that they do not guarantee continued support.
- Organisations can only submit one application at a time.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Therefore the Project submitted should meet one or more of the criteria set out below:
- Health Education
- Nutrition and Home Economics
- Civic Consciousness / Community
- Income Generation
- Water and Sanitation
- Agricultural Training and Development
- Other (as identified as priority issues as a result of ACWW’s strategic planning)
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
- ACWW only fund projects that take place in the same country where the organisation is registered and directly benefit women and children in those countries. The bank account provided must be in the country where the project is to be implemented.
- ACWW do not fund NGOs/SHGs that are not registered or have been registered for less than two years.
- ACWW do not fund individuals.
- Existing Grant Holders cannot re-apply until a satisfactory Final Report and audited accounts have been submitted.
- Due to their limited monitoring resources, ACWW is unable to support projects in states and regions that are deemed unsafe by the United Kingdom Foreign and Commonwealth Office. This includes states and regions that are subject to internal conflict, minimal rule of law, epidemics and high levels of terrorist activity.
How to Apply
Interested applicants can apply via given website.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.
For more information, please visit Associated Country Women of the World.