Deadline: 4 May 2015
The Office of Citizen Exchanges of the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is accepting proposals for 2015 TechWomen Program. The program supports women engaged in the fields of science and technology from specific countries by providing mentorships in the United States with professional women representing leading science and technology companies and institutions.
- Type of Award: Cooperative Agreement.
- Fiscal Year Funds:
- FY2015 – $2,500,000 (Base year);
- FY2016 – $2,500,000 (Non-competitive continuation year one);
- FY2017 – $2,500,000 (Non-competitive continuation year two),
- Approximate Total Funding: $7,500,000.
- Approximate Number of Awards: One
- Anticipated Award Date: August 31, 2015
- Anticipated Project Completion Date: April 30, 2019.
With FY 2015 funding, TechWomen will link approximately 90 emerging female leaders who have at least two years of professional experience in the field of science and/or technology, with female peer mentors in the United States for a five- to six-week mentorship program.
- Eligible participants are women aged between 23-43 years.
- Applications may be submitted by public and private nonprofit organizations meeting the provisions described in Internal Revenue Code section 26 USC 501(c)(3).
- Eligible countries include Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Yemen and Zimbabwe.
- All participants must be proficient in written and spoken English.
Applications may only be submitted electronically through Grants.gov.
For more information, visit grants.gov and search for funding opportunity number: ECA-ECAPEC-15-020.