The Tearfund was founded as The Evangelical Alliance Relief Fund in 1968.Tearfund is a Christian organisation.The aim is to help the people in the world who are in the greatest need, regardless of race, religion, gender or nationality.
Major Working Areas
- The Greatest Need – poor communities, marginalised groups, vulnerable adults, children.
- Lasting Local Change – local church, whole person, community empowerment gender and relationships, education.
- Global Issues – conflict, disasters, HIV, injustice, climate change.
- Life’s Essentials – hunger, clean water and toilets, healthcare, livelihoods.
- Asia – Myanmar, Pakistan, Russia, Cambodia, Bangladesh, cEntral Asian States, Syria, Mekong Sub region, Philippines, Nepal, India, Afghanistan
- Southern Africa – Zambia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Angola, Tanzania, Malawi
- East and Central Africa – Ethiopia, Kenya, Sudan, Somalia, Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Central African Republic, South Sudan Conflict,Rwanda, Burundi
- West Africa – Egypt, Mal, Nigeria, Burkina Faso, Niger, Ivory Coast, Chad, Sierra Leone
- Latin America and Caribbean – Haiti, Bolivia, Brazil, Peru, Colombia, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua
- UK – UK, England, Northen Ireland, Scotland, wales